Sunday 2 August 2020

Saturday Snapshots #147 - The Answers



Women are In Love with it, and the Devils adore it. Yes, it's Saturday Snapshots.

Here are yesterday's answers...



10. Replacement slap.


Clout - Substitute

9. Sad times on Mountain Avenue for lamp and goal.


Famous for writing many top TV theme tunes, including this chart hit in 1981... he goes nicely with both lamp and goal.

Mike Post - Hill Street Blues

One of the few tunes I could ever play on the piano, despite ten years of lessons.

8. Nine visits Preacher for French domination mix up.


Mike Post visits Nicky Wire (of the Manic Street Preachers).

French domination is an anagram.

Richmond Fontaine - Post To Wire

7. Mime story... Times lorry... Prime Laurie.... Drat! Windy.


Chicago is the Windy City.

Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry

You may think this is cheesy, but it gives me a thrill.

6. Is she identical to an Abba lark, Ric?


An Abba lark, Ric was another anagram. (No, you don't sat!)

Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl?

5. Romeo & Juliet get tanning advice.


This dude directed Romeo & Juliet. Coming up with a clue for his actual name (even an anagram) was beyond me.

Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

4. Green Ice Po, shared by Tin Tin and Huckleberry Finn.


Green, Ice and Po were all broken Lands.

Tin Tin & Huck both had Adventures.

The Adventures - Broken Land

3. Great... solvent.

The great pretender.

If you have money, you are solvent.

The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket

Love that video. I'd visit my local greasy spoon more if Chrissie Hynde worked there.

2. Weather breeder, like Prince Albert.


I'm sure I've probably used Prince Albert before, although this time it has nothing to do with piercings... just the old "Have you got Prince Albert in a can?" joke.

Can - She Brings The Rain

1. Clearly indicating a long journey.


Proclaim can mean either publicly announce or indicate clearly. Google it.



Reed more Snapshots next Saturday.


5 comments:

  1. just the old "Have you got Prince Albert in a can?" joke.
    Am I the only one who does not get that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No
      6 worked out the Barbara but got no further

      Delete
    2. I think you had to be there. Whenever it was.

      Delete
  2. Rol, I'm still foxed by the Can clue as I've never heard the Prince Albert joke... grateful if you could oblige!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Prince Albert Tobacco was the basis of a practical joke, usually made in the form of a prank call. The prankster typically called a store and asked if they have "Prince Albert in a can". When the unsuspecting clerk responded "Yes" (because the tobacco was typically packaged in a can), the caller followed up with, "Well, you'd better let him out!", or similar."

      I don't know how these piece of worthless trivial ephemera has lodged itself in my brain, especially as its origins appear to be Stateside. I suspect a misspent youth watching too much US TV.

      Still, you got the band even despite my obscure clue, C - extra points for that.

      I'll try not to be so obscure next week. No promises though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...