Tuesday 12 December 2017

My Top 17 Albums of 2017 #10



10. Angsty, Lebowski-loving millennial hits singer-songwriter gold channeling Vega*, Mann* and O'Connor***. Young people also cry****.

*Suzanne, not Alan.

** Aimee, not Michael.

***Sinead, not Des.

**** "Strong men also cry," is another quote from the greatest film ever made.

10. Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger In The Alps

More here.
Jesus Christ, I'm so blue all the time / And that's just how I feel / Always have and I always will / I always have and I always will.
(And let's face it, a certain Mancunian miserablist would be pretty happy with that chorus too.)




Next: Argonauts not needed.

2 comments:

  1. Not enough singers are channelling Des O'Connor these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one featured in a lot of year end lists. One to check out clearly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...