Thursday 7 December 2017

My Top 17 Albums of 2017 #14




Rivers* unashamedly goes pop**.

Pinkerton*** fans go ape.

Infectious tunes + sharp, witty, nerdcore lyrics =  another Weezer winner.****


*Rivers Cuomo = Weezer mainman.

**But without the awful contemporary sheen that marred this year's Elbow / The National albums.

***Weezer's heaviest album, held up by musos as their pièce de résistance, but actually a bit hard going.

****But nowhere near as good as last year's White Album.


14. Weezer - Pacific Daydream

I wanna have the feeling someone's in love with me
You gotta choose between the internet and me
People don't bring me joy
I think you get the point
I'm on an epic quest
Pursuit of happiness


(QB Blitz)

She got a bachelor's degree in physics and a job in computer programming
That's pretty cool for a singer in a band so I knew we would end up jamming
Later that night we went to a gig and she asked for some advice
"What do you do with your hands when you're singing, do you just hold onto the mic?"


(Mexican Fender)

Everyone wants to be cooler than everyone else
It's a hip hop world
And we're the furniture


(The Beach Boys)




Next: They're back! Like they never went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...