Tuesday 19 December 2017

My Top Ten Albums of 2017 #4



World affairs meets oral sex (often in the same song) in Morrissey's least introspective album in ages.

Moz tackles the Middle East, kill-hungry soldiers, police corruption and blowjobs in his usual "sensitive" fashion.

Less "woe is me", more "woe is the world" than ever before... maybe he's finally getting some!

Seventeen words will never be enough to do a Morrissey album justice: this one more than most!

4. Morrissey - Low In High School

Much more here.

!

Next: the best musical autobiography ever?

2 comments:

  1. I love The Smiths and a number of his solo songs. I just couldn't handle the preachiness on his latest album. Oh well. Glad you were able to connect with it Rol

    I re-listened to All the Young People Must Fall in Love you shared and I'm struck by the lyric "Do you ever say what you really mean?". Very apt, yet timeless. Despite not loving his new album, I respect Morrissey for his frankness in this age of political correctness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Age of political correctness?'

    I'd have blown a gasket if I'd been hanging around here last month.


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...