Thursday 21 December 2017

My Top Ten Albums of 2017 #2



Witty melancholia meets lush indie pop - Jens takes on weddings, tumours and why we're here with panache.

At Babak's school, there is a 3D printer
And he prints out a model of the tumour
That was surgically removed from his back this winter
In its rugged grey plastic, it looks lunar
He puts the tumour in his breast pocket
As we head out for a beer...


More here.

2. Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now



Next: a return to the top for the band who created my favourite albums of 2008 and 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Very good album, as you know, it's in my top 10 as well. If we are talking favorite album titles, Jens' Life Will See You Now is a clear winner for me this year.

    I'm struggling to work out your #1- maybe Fleet Foxes but it's not a confident guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fleet Foxes album sounded nice in places but was mostly pretentious twaddle... so no.

      Delete
  2. Jens fell from your mighty perch at some point, but what surpassed such a glorious album? Like Chris, I'm very curious. Anyway, Mr. Lekman is in my top 20 for the year. Enjoyable listen and much different from those early EPs when I found him in 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great album. Great post. So sorry you never spotted he was in Hebden Bridge.

    I think that's my biggest regret of 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...