Sunday 17 December 2017

My Top Ten Albums of 2017 #6


Hold Steady mainman produces better work solo than with band... novelistic songwriting at its most emotionally affecting.

More here.
Well, the gangsters drove Preludes and sold this one weed called White Tiger
Wirth Park had a body
The holiday guy couldn't make change
The parking lot scene still existed, but not without problems
I came back to St. Paul and things had progressed and got strange
I got stuck in a snowbank
I was too drunk to drive to Edina
Right there is proof of my faith that God watches us
And the North Stars went south
And my friends all went out to Seattle
I stuck around town
Hit the bars then wait for the bus
6. Craig Finn - We All Want The Same Thing



Next: prolific doesn't begin to cover it.


2 comments:

  1. I'm quite out of my depth here. The Hold Steady are a completely unknown quantity to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda Springsteen meets The Clash meets Husker Du. A comparison which does little for any concerned parties.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...