Wednesday 13 December 2017

My Top 17 Albums of 2017 #9 / My Top 90 Mid-Life Crisis Songs #10 My Top 90 Mid-Life Crisis Songs #11


Mature and nuanced Americana songwriter adopts a rockier sound to take on Trump's United States of Anxiety.
I’m a white man looking in a black man’s eyes
Wishing I’d never been one of the guys
Who pretended not to hear another white man’s joke.
Old times ain’t forgotten.
There’s no such thing as someone else’s war.
Your creature comforts aren’t the only things worth fighting for.
You’re still breathing. It’s not too late.
We’re all carrying one great burden, sharing one fate.
More here.


9. Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - The Nashville Sound



Another two-fer today, as I squeeze in yet another song about growing old... although Jason Isbell has some pretty sound advice for us on the Mid-Life Crisis front...
I hope you find something to love.
Something to do when you feel like giving up.
A song to sing or a tale to tell.
Something to love, it’ll serve you well.
Mid-Life Crisis Songs 11. Jason Isbell - Something To Love



Next: A chilly hotel room... fortunately, an old friend's there to warm us up.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...