Thursday 14 December 2017

My Top 17 Albums Of 2017 #8


8. Jarvis uncovers dark (& pervy, obviously) secrets of a Hollywood hotel room while Chilly jazzes the ivories.

More here.

Magic box / Upon which life leaves a stain / Which we can watch / Again and again / Oh you taught us to kiss / Taught us so many things / Do you mind if I ask:
When do we get to join in? / A magic window / A most marvelous confection / But windows are for looking through /Not for checking out your reflection

(Trick of the Light)

8. Jarvis Cocker & Chilly Gonzales - Room 29




Next: mental illness never sounded so good.



3 comments:

  1. Had not heard anything from this album and was quite surprised when
    I clicked on the clip above. Not what I was expecting. Will investigate. Pretty sure I know what's next. Looking forward to your view on that one. Big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this album really released on Deutsche Grammophon, or is that a mock logo on the sleeve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it really was on Deutsche Grammophon... although that obviously means a more to you than me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...