Friday 7 February 2020

2019 Latecomers: Spreading The Feeling


I discovered that a new Pernice Brothers album had sneaked out last year via a comment left on Brian's blog a month or so back. I immediately set out to track it down as they haven't had a record out for almost a decade. The only place I could find it was on their bandcamp page, but I was happy to throw them some money and definitely not disappointed on receiving my download.

Spread The Feeling is classic Pernice Brothers - bright, sunshiny pop tunes with blissful harmonies and an underlying air of melancholy. If you've never heard of them, here's a Venn Diagram I drew to explain the band in as few words as possible...

Hear the full album over on Bandcamp, but here's one of my favourites...




2 comments:

  1. I'll need to check this one out
    I liked them back in the day. They may even feature in an on-going series of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved The Pernice Brothers and Scud Mountain Boys before them. Completely overlooked the new album, but, based on 'Eric Saw Colours', I must check it out in full. A strong 'My Back Pages' vibe going on in this tune.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...