Friday 22 November 2019

Saturday... er, Friday Snapshots #111


How strange... it's another Saturday Snapshots... only on a Friday. Sorry, that was an accident.

Identify ten artists and titles from the clues below, please. Hopefully you don't have to be Sherlock to work them out...


10. Drat! Raving uzi mixed up with masterpiece.


9. Hell to get out of your shirt... coffee jazz.


8. Clean-up needed at Moe's... where there's nothing else around.


7. Funky procession to the ranch.


6. Contemporary Yankee spoken by desperate arsonist.


5. Beauty & fame... it's all anybody wants nowadays.


4. Ulysses & Stan with a woolly bison.


3. Fashion news: we're all the same.


2. Small wonder - a copper's phone number.


1. Fuzzy leather robot.


For those of you who feel cheated out of your regular reason to get up on a Saturday, there will be a bonus round tomorrow.

Struggling with any of the answers? Remember: when you have excluded the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Answers on Sunday.


13 comments:

  1. A day early? I might get a look in then...

    8. Dusty Springfield, I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
    5. Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times
    4. I think that's Grant Lee Buffalo? Not hot on their songs though...
    3. Depeche Mode. People Are People?
    2. The Marvelettes. Beechwood 4-5789?
    1. Suede. Metal Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10. Assuming "Drat! Raving uzi" is an anagram, then Adrian someone? Gruvitz? Grivutz? Vurgitz? As you can tell, I don't know. Maybe it's not an Adrian, I just can't make many other names out of that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing this a day early I assumed it was a mistake so I haven't even looked! But whizzed down to the comments and just want to pipe up that it must be Adrian Gurvitz, Martin. He used to be in The Gun abd I'm sure you'll know the song 'Race With The Devil'.
      That's all I'm saying now though, I'm coming back tomorrow morning! :-)

      Delete
    2. Oops. That wasn't supposed to happen.

      Might have to deal with that to avoid a riot tomorrow morning.

      Delete
    3. Oh, and C. You know far more about Adrian Gurvitz than I do. I onlyt know one song by him. It's not that one though.

      Delete
  3. I think the Dusty Springfield song is "In the Middle of Nowhere" and not what Martin said.

    It's all very confusing - Saturday quizzes on a Friday?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No 9 - The Inkspots - Java Jive
    No 6 - The Farm - Groovy Train.
    I also only know one song by Adrian Gurvitz and it's a Classic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Farm are no 7
    Is 6 Jonathan*Fireeater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But I'm pretty sure it's an artist you have featured, CC.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...