Thursday 9 September 2021

Neverending Top Ten #4.2: Eight


At around twenty past eight tonight, it'll be 8 years exactly since the Manic Street Preachers serenaded Sam's birth. I've told the story before, but the doctors had the radio on in the operating room as they performed Louise's cesarean, and the tune that welcomed Sam into the world was the one below.

Show me the wonder
I have seen the birthplace of the universe

A more apt song I could not imagine, since Sam has constantly shown me the wonder ever since. And as he opened his football and Formula 1 themed presents this morning, I took a moment to reflect that, while I might have failed at getting him into comics, I have taught him to appreciate a good tune.



6 comments:

  1. Awesome story that deserves to be told again and again. Hope Sam had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Happy Birthday to Sam. It’s a great age, 8, for both kids and parents. Make the most of it.

    What an apt song to enter the world to. DD entered to The sound of George Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday wishes to Sam. Love that the song is so apt too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...