Saturday 11 September 2021

Saturday Snapshots #206


It's been a Skeleton Service this week here at My Top Ten due to the start of the new college year, but I'm still counting down to my new job, so hanging in there, because like an anti-Wyclef, I'll be gone by November.

Meanwhile, it's time to put on your X-ray Spex for another edition of Saturday Snapshots. Can you see through the clues below to identify ten famous artists... and then work out which of their songs are connected? 


10. Where Impartial Ernie stays, next door to 5.

9. Interesting snooker player, not a bad guy.

8. Middling racecar.

7. Stern nephew. Geddit?

6. Probably one of the places the Human League went on holiday.

5. Hotel for me and him.

4. I'm outraged by the price some petrol stations charge.

3. French Jim, not quite brill.

2. Sweet Home Alabama?

1. He covets lollies.


The answers will have developed by tomorrow morning. 



26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No A for Anchorage but A for 5am In Amsterdam

      Delete
  2. I'll leave some for the latecomers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, looking the ones Lynchie got think I do too but not helping with the rest!

      Delete
    2. How specific is your answer CC, as I'm starting to doubt my hunch?

      Delete
    3. If 2 is The Beautiful South which I think it maybe I might have to tweak it slightly

      Delete
    4. Think a little bit wider...

      Delete
  4. Is the link Holland/The Netherlands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And well done on not just saying Holland.

      I've learned quite a bit about the politics of the Netherlands while putting this post together...

      Delete
    2. I read an excellent new book last year by Ben Coated called Why The Dutch Are Different - Explained a lot.

      Delete
  5. Still need 10, 8 and 7.. plus some songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very late to the party after an absolute hell of a day make that week/month...)

    BUT - I think I've got one, No. 7, is it The Wedding Present? Anagram, with the word Geddit making me think of David Gedge... nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rotterdam by The Beautiful South - "The people are pickles for sure", my daughter's favourite line.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...