Tuesday 14 September 2021

Cnut Songs #6: Working On The Highway


(They've even got roadworks on Abbey Road.)

I counted last night. On my 25 minute (post rush hour) journey home, I had to stop at 7 different sets of temporary traffic lights. And that's when I choose the best route! 

Someone has taken a map and stuck pins (multiple pins) in every possible path I can take to get home from The Bad Place, then dug the road up in all those places. There's no shortage of work in roadworks, it seems.

Then I saw something that made me realise what was actually going on. On the back of the Highway Maintenance trucks, the answer is there for all to see. I don't know if it's the same where you live, but  in my area the backs of those trucks read:

Highway Maintenance - We WILL Beat Covid-19

Clearly all these roadworks aren't about laying cables or fixing water mains or resurfacing cracked tarmac. They're actually looking for a cure to the coronavirus! It must be buried somewhere round here. I hope they find it soon.




2 comments:

  1. It's a nationwide search. There are about 4 main roads near me having their surfaces lifted. Causing havoc with the buses. And my road, which is normally quiet, has become the diversion route.
    Oh well, just have to turn the stereo up louder

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're awash with roadworks too AND every pavement in town is being dug up so they can lay new fibre for superfast broadband. Come the winter the tarmac will crumble at the edges and I'll break my other ankle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...