Tuesday 15 March 2022

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #73: Staring Down The Barrel


Four days and counting.

You'll excuse me if I just play the tunes this week. I'm trying to come to terms with the big numbers...

Now it’s all I can do just to get out of bed
There’s more in the mirror than there is up ahead
I smile and I nod like I heard what you said every time
So run another rack, pour another shot
You don’t get it back, so give it all you got
While you still got a more or less functional body and mind



6 comments:

  1. Fear not Rol, it's only a number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over to our side, Rol, it's fine!
    Enjoyed the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it late, but that James McMurty certainly was one of the best of 2021 (it's only taken 3 months to realise).
    THE number: have no fear ... it dosen't hurt as much as it sounds (honest!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse for a party. Fear not, only a number.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...