Wednesday 9 March 2022

Reasons To Be Cheerful (ii): Good Vibrations


The world is what it is at the moment, and I'm not going to try to persuade you otherwise. We have to take our moments of joy where we can... even if they involve a little schadenfreude. Here then, are three more things that have made me cheerful this week...

1. A heated wheat bag for my stiff neck

As I write this, I have a stiff shoulder/back/neck combo going on. It's more annoying than painful, but it's a blessing having a nice warm heat pillow on it... and I relish the smell of slightly burned wheat when I microwave it for slightly longer than it says on the packet.

2. The Bad Place gets its comeuppance?

Remember how I told you we had a brief visit by the Ofsted folk last week at the new job? Well, guess where they've gone this week? In full force. 

Look up schadenfreude in the dictionary and you will see a picture of me, along with a number of my former colleagues (Ben included), warming our hands around a fire.

3. Good Vibrations

Here are The Vibrations, from 1972 (that's 50 years ago, for those of you who are counting... under two weeks to my birthday now), with one of my favourite tunes of the moment. It's like Let's Clean Up The Ghetto, only even more amazing. If so such a thing were possible. Which it probably isn't, but it's close. Very close.

This is what happens when the Vegetable Man goes on strike. God help us if the Chicken Man follows suit... he don't want no butter beans, that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the Vibrations bring a smile, as does the thought of you relishing the smell of "slightly burnt wheat". A pair of bluetits staking their claim to the nestbox is my current source of joy, along with Mr SDS buying us the last tub of chocolate brownies in the Special Offers at the local Co-op. Best before March 8th my arse!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...