Sunday 15 April 2018

Saturday Snapshots #28 - The Answers


"Is this the right end of the camera? Keef? KEEF! Where's 'e bleeding gone?"

Yesterdays answers will give you satisfaction...


10. 2023: too big for the ark.


Alyson was straight in with this one...

Noah & The Whale - Five Years Time

(Careful: if you click on it, you'll be whistling it all day.)


9. Sad clams laughing in the face of death.


One for Lynchie...

Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper


8. The first noblemen get sharp.


Adam was the first man. Bryan apparently means "noble", as I'm sure our own Brian will agree.

C got Bryan from the picture alone, which is excellent detective work. Chris supplied the song.

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like A Knife


7. A rare forecast calls for a flimsy dress.


Another point for Alyson (minus half for the rogue apostrophe).

The Chiffons - One Fine Day

Great intro on that.


6. Self-destructive patients correct, condense and control.


One where you had to guess the band to identify the song... but I did give you three different clues for the band! (If anyone got this after 9pm last night, apologies.)

The Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Door

(Bit disappointed that the video doesn't feature a load of people wheeling their drip tubes outside for a crafty fag.)


5. He won't stop talking about late precipitation.


C & Lynchie teamed up for this one... with a little help from Chas & Dave.

Eddie Rabbit - I Love A Rainy Night


4. A hymn to tell her I love her.


Tell Laura I Love Her + Gloria (in Excelsis Deo) = another point for Alyson.

Laura Branigan - Gloria


3. Good for lighting a fire under your date - when you just want to get out into the country!


Tinder is, I understand, what da young peeps are using to hook up these days. (And the older peeps who are still at it... dating, I mean, since once you're past 40 that other stuff is but a distant memory.)

If you were sick of the city, you'd want to get out to the country.

Tindersticks - City Sickness

Half a point for Rigid Digit. Another half for Chris.


2. Snow White rejected these dwarfs for being hangers on.


Not the most original observation, but this band always did sound like the Dwarfs Snow White didn't want.

Alyson just beat Charity Chic to the band. RD supplied the correct song.

Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - Hold Tight 


1. Grow your own thunderstorm - Stan Lee will love it!


Taken from a misheard Prince lyric, Ian Broudie called his band The Lightning Seeds. Stan Lee was the storytelling genius behind Marvel Comics.

Another point for this week's winner (even with points deducted for punctuation), Alyson.

What an amazing pop song this is...




Thanks for playing.

You keep knocking 'em down, I'll keep setting them up...


4 comments:

  1. As ever thanks for putting it all together and although I chuffed to wear the crown this week I fully realise it’s mainly down to being the “early bird”.

    In my defence I think the rogue apostrophe was down to predictive text, as one of my pet hates - You’ll just have to take my word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not bad at scoring half points! Don't Fear The Reaper I first heard in a horror movie (I think was featured in several)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick to (Don't Fear) The Reaper is remembering to use brackets. Thanks to Rol for another great quiz. I arrived late, but would probably only guessed another 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent quiz as ever plus I now know that 'Bryan' means 'noble'!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...