Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Neverending Top Ten #4: Summer of '69



"We've been singing Summer of '69 today," said Sam's keyworker when I picked him up from nursery a couple of weeks back. "It's my favourite song... and Sam told me it was his favourite too."

I didn't have the heart to tell her Sam's favourite song changes every time a new one comes on the car stereo.

"It's unusual to find a boy his age who knows it..." she added.

Yeah? What are you saying? Are you saying his old man is... old?

Are you saying I should be playing him more Rudimental feat. James Arthur on the drive to nursery? More DJ Khaled feat. Rhianna? More David Guetta feat. Justin Bieber? (Why does every song in the charts these days have to feature somebody else? Can't anybody make records on their own anymore?)

And just how old are you, lady, if your favourite record is Bryan bloody Adams from 1984! (To be fair, while she's more mature than a lot of the young ladies who work in Sam's nursery, she certainly doesn't seem old enough to remember this from the first time round... as I do.)

4. Bryan Adams - Summer of '69

Look, I know the cooler among you will wrinkle your nose at this tune. And it's not even the first time I've featured it here. But that is a bloody great guitar intro, whatever you say...




2 comments:

  1. A great song, and even though I've heard it so many times, it still is powerful. Yep, the guitar intro rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's snowing heavily for what seems about the 10th day running up here. It's got to the stage where it's no fun anymore as its dangerous and pain-in-the-arse to get from A to B. But these two lines...

    "It's unusual to find a boy his age who knows it..." she added.

    Yeah? What are you saying? Are you saying his old man is... old?"

    ....made me laugh out loud. Thanks Rol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...