Thursday 26 October 2017

My Top Ten Hearing Aid Songs

Well, that was an obvious choice.


The hearing aid's been in a week, and the difference has been subtle, but noticeable.

Ten quick songs then , dedicated to hearing aid wearers everywhere...


10. The Move - I Can Hear The Grass Grow

My hearing aid isn't that powerful. Then again, I reckon The Move might have been augmenting more than just their ears...
My head's attracted to
A magnetic wave of sound
With the streams of coloured circles
Makin' their way around.
You may prefer the version by The Fall, of course. If you can make head or tail of it. I certainly can't. Everyone needs a hearing aid to understand Mark E. Smith's vocals.

9. The Accidental - I Can Hear Your Voice

What do you get if you mix Tunng, The Bicycle Thieves and The Memory Band?

A misspelt crime I can't remember. Or The Accidental, a folky supergroup made up of members of all the above.

8. Captain Sensible - Can You Hear Me?

Sorry, Captain, I'll be Damned if I can.

7. Spacemen 3 - Lord, Can You Hear Me?

J. Spaceman's original version. He also re-recorded it as Spiritualized. And even Low had a go at it.

They're all quite lovely.

6. They Might Be Giants - I Can Hear You
You won't hear a buzz
But I'm buzzing you in
I'm buzzing you in
Well, that's helpful, isn't it?

5. Jerry Lee Lewis - I Can Still Hear The Music In The Rest Room

Classic bit of Jerry Lee. Do your ears a favour...

4. Chris Rea - I Can Hear Your Heartbeat

The one that's guaranteed to get the musos going, "You what!?"

3. Richard Hawley - Can You Hear The Rain, Love?

Yes, I can now, love.

2. David Bowie - Can You Hear Me?

From probably my favourite Bowie album: Young Americans.

Here he is singing it as a duet with Cher. Yes, really.

1. The Beach Boys - I Can Hear Music 


It couldn't have been anything else at Number One, could it? 

A Jeff Barry song, originally recorded by Phil Spector with The Ronettes, this was Carl Wilson's first taste of being the Beach Boys' boss while Brian was off being bored... or "listening to the grass grow". If anyone ever tells you Brian was the only genius in the Beach Boys, play them this...



What's your favourite hearing aid song?

I SAID "WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE HEARING AID SONG?!?"

5 comments:

  1. Yes. Except mine doesn't have a Wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't You Hear Me Knockin' by The Rolling Stones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presumably Wot by Captain Sensible can now be binned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard You Whisper - The June Brides

    Heard About Love - The Big Gun

    What? - Soft Cell

    JC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...