Tuesday 6 February 2018

The Hot 100 Countdown #98

There was only one track suggested by you guys for number 98, and luckily it was the one I'd chosen too: this sunshiny 60's pop song from one hit wonder James Barry Keefer, or Keith to his mates.

When I was younger, I always thought 98.6 was the frequency of an American radio station Keith was fond of, but it turns out that the song is actually referring to the ideal human body temperature... meaning Suzanne Vega (last week) was presumably getting a little hot under the collar if she was up to 99.9. (Then again, so was I.)

98. Keith - 98.6 

One point to C then... or Mr. C... who got this first, narrowly pipping Lynchie to the post.





Once again, there was an OBVIOUS choice I had to go with for 97... we'll see who gets that first, but as always I'll be interested to hear any other suggestions you might have.


7 comments:

  1. A bit under the weather at the moment, so that song referencing body temperature struck a chord.

    I'm guessing #97 is the country song The Wreck Of The Old 97. Has been recorded by numerous artists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion. There was even a band called The Old 97s I was quite fond of. But not the one.

      Delete
    2. P.S. Hope you feel better soon, Chris.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Rol. There's a lot of it going around (flu epidemic)

      Delete
  2. Probably not '97 Bonnie and Clyde by Eminem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came very, very close. I love those old Eminem albums. I actually have an Eminem post brewing. But it won't be #97.

      Delete
  3. Well done Mr C - Some of these "numbers" going be a lot trickier than others aren't they.

    Here's one I wrote about last year after going to see the David Bowie and George Michael shrines in London - Star People '97. I know it refers to the year it was released but very much part of the song title. Don't think it'll be your "97" though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...