Monday 15 July 2019

Neverending Top Ten #2.6: Aww!


Aww!

The sound that every parent hears on a regular basis. The sound that means: Life ain't fair, I'm not getting my own way, I hate you!

Can I have some sweets?

No.

Aww!

Can I stay up late and watch Ninja Warrior?

No.

Aww!

Can I borrow the car?

Over my dead body.

Aww!

To be fair, Sam's not a big whinger, he's a long way off trying to borrow the car, we did let him stay up to watch Ninja Warrior (aka It's A Knockout for the 21st Century) and he's not as bothered about sweets as a lot of kids are.

We do still hear a fair amount of aww-ing though, but I've found the perfect response to this... courtesy of Warren Zevon, and a song Sam has taken a particular shine to of late.

Now, whenever he goes "Aww!", I just reply...

"What's her name?"

"I can't tell you."



1 comment:

  1. "The sound that means: Life ain't fair, I'm not getting my own way, I hate you!" - That is the mantra of a teenage girl so count yourself lucky Sam is a boychild!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...