Sunday 6 October 2019

Saturday Snapshots #104 - The Answers


Come with me if you want to live!

Or at least if you want the answers to yesterday's Saturday Snapshots...

Hasta la vista, baby!


10. Fiery gal comes of age.


A fiery gal might be a Burn-ette.


9. Norman painter gets paranoid.


Norman Rockwell was the painter.


8. A magnum crown... pity.


A magnum of champagne for a king?


7. Scooters make me itch.


Lambretta makes scooters.

Poison Ivy leaves you in need of an ocean of calamine lotion...


6. A mini roll gets chewed up by an air freshener.


"A mini roll" was an anagram.


5. "They told me to do it!" I explained to the junior Feds.


"They told me to do it!" Who? The voices in your head?


4. Directions to the French court maze, please?


Hampton Court Maze? FR is France, so that must make it the Frampton court maze? No? Non?


I don't mind a bit of Peter Frampton, but this sold far more copies than it should have done.

3. Party pooper DJ wouldn't play 50s hits... and his eyeliner stank.


"Eyeliner stank" was another anagram. (Just count yourself lucky I didn't have to do a third for Peter Frampton: Pope TNT Farmer was very close.)


2. Eager nobility wants to hear a song.


A keen earl?


1. Allied forces found on a zebra crossing.


There probably were more than seven nations in the allied forces, but I claim artistic license.


That's it from me for this week, but guess what? Next week? 

I'll be back.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the funky Shame, and ought to finally listen to Frampton's live album. I'll be back for another quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frampton Comes Alive - when the boy sang through a hoover implement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed by how many records Frampton sold, particularly the live album. Considering that he was hardly a household name.

      Delete
    2. Rol - Just prior to his solo success, Frampton played in the band Humble Pie with Steve Marriott (ex Small Faces) and that was a supergroup of note in the late 1960's which did very well in the USA. Check out Humble Pie's "I Don't Need No Doctor" - and play it LOUD!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...