Sunday 20 October 2019

Saturday Snapshots #106 - The Answers


I have a secret to tell
From my electrical well
It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells
So the room must listen to me
Filibuster vigilantly
Here are the answers to this week's Q-U-I-Z...


10. How far to Ipanema? It's I, not you.


Astrud Gilberto sang about The Girl from Ipanema, Replace the U in Astrud with an I.

How far? Some distance.

Astrid - Distance

9. Hello sunrise... is it because you're chillee, perhaps?


Shivaree - Goodnight Moon

8. Escape from Irish town, via Amitri.


Runaway from Shannon, with Del (Amitri).

Del Shannon - Runaway

7. Vole? Evol? Leo V? Arrrghh! (Somebody call for a pick-up.)


Are you hailing a van?

Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love?

6. I won't be at the station, my sweet. The baby tickers have escaped!


Take the I from Station. my sweet?

Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free

5. Motionless distillery can get it on with anybody.


Motionless is still. So is a distillery

Stephen Stills - Love The One You're With

4. Debut snog for hard boy.


Kid Rock - First Kiss

3. Children of a Piper, a Borg and a Beatle.


Peter Piper. Bjorn Borg. John Lennon.

Children are young folk.

Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks

2. Gyroscopic mortality in question.


Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)

1. Adam's Dandies - Adam's Dandy.


Adam Ant was a Dandy Highwayman.

Nelson. Cash. Kristofferson. Jennings.

Jimmy Webb Is God.



Satisfy the Birdhouse In Your Soul with more Saturday Snapshots next week.


4 comments:

  1. That Peter Bjorn And John tune is incredibly catchy, and I love the upbeat lyric from Distance "the sun always shines when you walk my way"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately over here 'Young Folks' was used for a TV advert (DIY company Homebase) and I think P,B & J must have signed a very bad deal for themselves because Homebase kept using it for years (or what seemed like years!) I loved it when I first heard it before the ad, then got thoroughly tired of it, sadly. Such is the problem (or one of them!) with TV ads...

      Delete
    2. The curse of ads, luckily I escaped it.

      Delete
  2. Keep missing Saturday Snapshots as been busy or away the last two weekends. Away this weekend too so will have to test myself later on without cheating and looking at the answers.

    Hope you are hanging on in there Rol and thanks for continuing to entertain with SS. (Like the new film star pictures too - a nice change for the play on words.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...