Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Namesakes #204: The Cult


Yes, I said The Cult. Should've gone to Specsavers.

There's comes a point in all our lives when we have to seriously consider joining a cult.

Here are a few you might want to choose from...


THE CULT #1

We kick off with an Aussie Cult from 1965. Check your playing needle. A damaged stylus can ruin this recording.

The Cult - You're Just My Kind


THE CULT #2

One year later in the US of A, this Cult were making a stand...

The Cult - Here I Stand


THE CULT #3

As we arrive in 1975, we discover a Vegas-based funk and soul Cult dedicated to protecting postal workers... 

The Cult - The Mail Must Go Through


THE CULT #4


Originally known as Death Cult, until they mended their ways, Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy formed their own Cult in Bradford* back in 1983... and they're still going strong.

*They live in LA now though. Can't imagine why.

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary


THE CULT #5

And we close back in Australia with a live recording from the Sedition Festival at Sydney's Trade Union Club in April 1983...

The Cult - Special Boy Legal Man


Which Cult makes you want to drink the Kool Aid?



4 comments:

  1. In what may be a first (and possibly last) I quite like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to #4 I might have to agree with Ernie, but yet to play #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part way through #5 and I agree with Ernie! All 5 are worth a repeat listen. #5 is this week's winner!

      Delete
  3. Well, it's only taken 204 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...