Thursday 15 June 2017

June #6: Thanks For The Information


6. The Rainmakers - Information

A recent Top Ten reminded me of this bunch, so I dug out their eponymous 1986 debut album and was surprised by how good it still sounds.

The Rainmakers will mostly be remembered for their UK Top 20 hit Let My People Go, Go. They had less success in their native USA, but were inexplicably huge in Norway, which kept them in new album sales throughout the 90s. They then reformed in 2011 (25 years after their debut) and have released three albums since. I've only heard brief snatches of their new material, but although it appears Bob Walkenhorst's vocals have deepened, the chunky guitars and sharp lyrics remain. I will be investigating further.

In the meantime, here's one of my favourites from that debut disc: a fine repost for any gossips or nosy parkers you might know...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...