Friday 17 August 2018

My Top Ten Aretha Franklin Songs


RIP, Aretha Franklin. After some consideration, here are my own personal favourites. I won't try to justify them beyond saying that I was a child of the 80s - which will explain two of these entries... Who's Zoomin' Who could well have been #11.


10. Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves (with the Eurythmics)

9. Spanish Harlem

8. I Knew You Were Waiting For Me (with George Michael)

7.  I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)

6. Chain of Fools

5. Rock Steady

4. (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman

3. Think

2. I Say A Little Prayer

1. Respect





5 comments:

  1. A fine top ten and no need to justify anything as she crossed the decades with aplomb. I have learnt so much over the last day about Aretha hitherto unknown - She has certainly left a legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ten times. Aretha is certainly receiving the attention she deserves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...