Sunday 18 November 2018

Saturday Snapshots #59 - The Answers


It's so funny how we don't talk anymore... until you want the answers to Saturday Snapshots. But you all did very well again this week, so... Congratulations!

I think Alyson took this one, though Chris & Walter both did sterling work on some of the tougher ones while Charity Chic kept the flag flying for his home country, Rigid Digit corrected Alyson (and himself) and C was happy with #3, which really should have been 7. Lynchie must have had a lie in this week...


10. Fishy lady needs litmus paper.

Emma Pollock - Acid Test

9. What Ernie writes on his best friend's Christmas present may help Juliet breathe more easily.


Ernie writes 'For Bert' on his Christmas presents.

Tunes help you breathe more easily.

Juliet would happily share a Tune with Romeo.

Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune

8. Scout's reclusive neighbour needs an alarm clock.


In To Kill A Mockingbird, Scout's reclusive neighbour was Boo Radley.

The Boo Radleys - Wake Up, Boo!

7. After Gill lazed, she complained about the weather.


"After Gill lazed" is an anagram.

Took a while to get to this one: I think we went through every weather-related Ella song in the process...

Ella Fitzgerald - Stormy Weather

6. "There's no place like home." That'll get in your eyes.


"There's no place like home," is what Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz when she was trying to get back home to Kansas.

Hilarious video alert!

Kansas - Dust In The Wind

5. I'm going to dance like Elvis to my stolen Bobby Goldsboro record.


Elvis got in trouble for swaying his hips too much when he was dancing.

Bobby Goldsboro sang Honey.

Hipsway - The Honey Thief

4. They're gonna shoot Van Morrison.


Van Morrison sang about the Bright Side of the Road.

The Killers - Mr. Brightside (or it could have been Kansas: 30 years later)

3. Santa brings crap presents for squares.


L7 - Shitlist (work that one out for yourselves)

2. Ice cream for a Tiny Dick?


I make no apologies.

Little Richard - Tutti Frutti

1. Paying the cheque makes me feel old and dried up. Plus, it's raining.


The bill leaves me feeling withered.

(Yes, CC, I resisted the "duck in a microwave" gag. Too obvious.)

By the way, Bill Withers was a genius. (Still is, I guess, but he knew to quit while he was ahead, which makes him smarter than most.)


Get Wired For Sound again next Saturday morning. Move It and be here first to snap up all the easy ones!

7 comments:

  1. Fun quiz, and yes, apparently there are a number of weather-related Ella Fitzgerald songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a late arrival yesterday. Figured I would've got about 5 of them, but the early birds beat me to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this was a national contest, we - as a team - would be surefire champions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did anyone point out that the photo is actually Billie Holiday, not Ella Fitzgerald?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's the case then I'm very sorry. I try to search for photos that aren't obvious - and a lot of the Ella photos I found were older and very recognisable. This one was much younger and labelled as Ella so I felt it wouldn't be instantly recognisable. I guess that may be why, Marie. Very sorry about that.

      Delete
  5. I hope you didn't take it as a criticism, Rol - I just thought I'd point it out (especially as I'd never be able to earn a single point on your challenges.) ;-)

    Can't tell you the number of times that's happened to me. I find it's particularly bad on youtube videos featuring vintage blues. Often, the photo montages are of entirely different artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm grateful to you for pointing it out, Marie.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...