Sunday 16 December 2018

Saturday Snapshots #63 - The Answers


Hey There! What Kind of Fool Am I? I almost forgot to post this week's Saturday Snapshots answers. To be fair, it has been a very stressful week. Ofsted never actually stepped into my classroom, but the constant anticipation of them doing so nearly killed me. That was Too Close For Comfort. Still, it's over now.

I think Chris deserves the crown this week for solving the ones nobody else could. Alyson was the Early Bird; it was good to have Lynchie back, CC & C were beaten to the punch.

Time to play The Candyman again and hand out these sweet goodies...


10. Bambi's mum has a special milkman. Spice approaching!


Ernie was the fastest milkman in the West.

Special K.

A female deer is a doe.

Lynchie claimed he only knew one Ernie K. Doe song. Surely you know this one too?

Ernie K. Doe - Here Come The Girls

9. A Black Widow gets lost in translation, singing je t'aime solo.


Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow, and gets Lost In Translation.

Scarlet - Independent Love Song

8. Adam's lady gets in a fight with Mutton Batman.


Adam's lady was Eve.

A fight is a war.

Mutton Jeff + Bruce Wayne =

Jeff Wayne - Eve of the War

7. Drippy waterfalls.


The Cascades - Rhythm of the Rain

6. "Oh no, I wouldn't."

"Oh, yes..."

The young man has an admirer.


Oh yes, Yearwood.

Trisha Yearwood - She's In Love With The Boy

5. Doubly definite, Kerouac is defeated.


The definite article is The.

Kerouac inspired the Beat Generation.

Defeat is getting beaten.

The The - The Beat(en) Generation

4. Parents can still call the request line for romantic tunes.


The Mamas & The Papas - Dedicated To The One I Love

3. Going on a date with Dettol generates confusion. (That may be my favourite clue of the year.)


A date with Dettol would be a romance with chemicals.

"Generates" mixed up is teenagers.

"Do they have a song called Teenagers?" asked Rigid Digit, refusing (nobly) to resort to googling (it is a verb now).

Yes, they do... and it's a blinder.

My Chemical Romance - Teenagers 

2. Lots of blue and a few splashes of white for the time we preferred not to drive.


Blue and white are the colours of the ocean.

Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught The Train

I don't care what you think about Ocean Colour Scene: that is a great tune.

1. Renato's lady is led astray by two pairs of jumpers.


Renee was with Renato.

Two pairs of jumpers would be Four Tops.

This song sends shivers down my spine...


If My Friends Could See Me Now, they'd realise next week will be our annual Seasonal Snapshots. I'll see you then, with bells on.

6 comments:

  1. At the risk of repeating myself, I saw The 4 Tops at Edinburgh Playhouse nearly 30 years ago on the Loco In Acapulco tour. They came onstage and just sang hit after hit after hit with Levi Stubbs sounding absolutely incredible. It's the only time I've seen an entire audience up on their feet and dancing in the aisles. Fantabulous gig.

    Fab quiz by the way - another tough one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe that Loco In Acapulco is 30 years old!

      Delete
  2. Nice to (finally) get the win even though I think FurryBoots(Lynchie) ought share the crown with me as he got 3-4 correct answers. Some unfamiliar tracks to explore. Thanks for another fun quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Levi Stubbs' distinctive voice and the Tops' harmonizing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...