Monday 22 April 2019

Neverending Top Ten #2.3: I Hate To Tell You, Leroy...


Sam has the habit of getting two or three lines from a song stuck in his head and then singing them over... and over... and over again... while he's playing with his cars.

Easter Sunday, 2019, here's the earworm / mondegreen he planted in all our heads...

"I hate to tell you, Leroy...
 I wanna be a boy!"

I did tell him what the real lyrics should be, and he even sang them... once... before reverting to his own version. And quite rightly too - after all, what does the 20th Century mean to someone born in 2013? It's where all the old fogies came from.

"I hate to tell you, Leroy...
 I wanna be a boy!"

I think I now prefer this to the original. No idea who Leroy is though.


Enjoy your Easter bank holiday.



3 comments:

  1. Bolan's lyrics were always impenetrable at the best of times - lucky he had the monster tunes to (more than) back 'em up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who makes a hit out of rhyming Deborab with Zebra is a maverick lyrical genius in my eyes.

      Delete
  2. Very cute. I prefer that lyric too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...