Sunday 14 April 2019

Saturday Snapshots #79 - The Answers


This quiz is automatic...
It's systematic...
It's hydromatic...
Why, it's Saturday Snapshots!

I had to use a spreadsheet to work out the winner yesterday, and I'm still not entirely sure I got it right. I think Lynchie just took it, ahead of a sterling performance from Chris, with Charity Chic coming in third, but only after being awarded bonus points for, as George put it, "showing off. Alyson, Rigid Digit*, George and Ramone666 hoovered up the rest.

(*By the way, if any of you haven't yet read Rigid Digit's latest post, I recommend you do so immediately... it struck a lot of chords with me.)

Thanks for once again proving his quiz has got plenty of Razzmatazz! Here are this week's answers...


10. What do football players say to the ref at the start of a match? Clan named ? loses an atom.


Question loses its last ion.

A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It?

9. Oz tum, eh? Too much gambling. Don't put your last coin in the jukebox...


Anagram + high rolling.

Zoe Muth & The Lost Higher Rollers - If I Can't Trust You With A Quarter, How Can I Trust You With My Heart?

8. Sons of Galveston express surprise at your departure.


Jimmy Webb (aka God) wrote Galveston. These are his boys.

The Webb Brothers - I Can't Believe You're Gone

7. Burt's sick wine ends up enclosed with small shoes, eggs and matches.


Burt Reynolds drinks sick wine or Mal Vina, see?

Malvina Reynolds - Little Boxes

6. Found at the zoo, between the friendly antelopes and other pachyderms.


A friendly antelope would be similar to a tame impala.

The biggest pachyderm is an elephant.

Tame Impala - Elephant

Why couldn't all their other songs be as good as this one?

5. Never-ending efficiency minus 100.


If you're efficient, you're pretty slick. Minus a C(entury) = Slik.

Slik - Forever & Ever

4. McFly eats half an ice cream near the Mexican border.


Marty McFly.

Baskin & Robbins.

Marty Robbins - El Paso

Finally finished watching Breaking Bad last week. Yeah, only ten years behind everybody else. This tune features heavily in one of the closing episodes.

3. Thankful when it gets dark and you can hear the Greenwich Time Signal even though you're on your way to see the satellites?


Tortuous clue that. When you're glad it's night, you can hear the pips from GMT, and you're taking the late train to see the Georgia Satellites?

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia

2. Think things... Average: 5.6 feet, 650 kg.


When I think things, I wonder stuff.

Cows are, according to the internet, on average 5.6 feet, 650 kg.

This was my favourite clue of the week.

The Wonder Stuff - The Size Of A Cow

1. Is sculpture art or a cheesy job?


Kraft make cheese. Not very nice cheese, but cheese all the same.

Sculpture is about making models.

Jobs are work. (Horrible, in most cases.)



I've got chills - they're multiplying... because Saturday Snapshots will be back next week.


4 comments:

  1. I got the "Mal Vina" clue straight away and I though to myself "This week's quiz is going to be easy." It wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again though, the one I thought was the hardest this week went first!

      Delete
  2. Impressive musical knowledge as opposed to showing off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working my way back through the posts I'd missed and just after typing in the words John Travolta I moved on to the this one, and who should greet me - JT himself (without the cream 3-piece).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...