Saturday 24 October 2020

Saturday Snapshots #160

 


Welcome back to Saturday Snapshots - the quiz that has No Mercy. Hopefully you won't find this week's answers too (L.A.) Confidential... or have to go 8 Mile to find them.

Terrible puns all, but I'm saving the best / obvious one for the end of the post.

Anyway, you didn't come here for the puns (well, apart from Alyson), you came here for the clues... 


10. Ignominious 14th. Righteous Scrooge.

9. Mick's Zen octet plays California.


8. A Harts non-event, 4 prime.


7. Caviar in a spin. 


6. Stop trying to find fault, like Tom The Duck.


5. Coo-lumbo, Sherlock Homing and Agent Coop-er remove a lady's rear.   


4. Asda clothes take the mick, with a coral... um... hang on, hang on... I'll finish this clue in a minute...


3. Kate & Fred love them. Hahahaha!


2. Beautiful baptism bowl, full of potassium. 


1. Bother not, between the roads.



Fortunately, you won't have to wait 9 ½ weeks for the answer - they'll be here tomorrow morning. 

13 comments:

  1. 10 is the Shamen: Ebeneezer Goode
    6 is Howard Jones! Wow, he got better with age, but I don't know the song.
    1 is Beth Orton but ditto re song at the moment...

    By the time I type this hopefully others will have too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone is staying in bed this morning, C.

      Except me. I'm watching football on top of a hill. Could be worse, at least it's 7 year olds, not the real thing!

      Delete
  2. Brain not working this morning. Not recognising pictures or deciphering clues. More coffee ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth Orton song is Central Reservation

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 Harry Belafonte Banana Boat Song

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 George Michael & Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9. Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (the B-side's worth a listen)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5. As a joke I googled Pigeon Detectives, to find out if there was a band called that. There is! Good clue.

    Even having googled them I still can't work out the song title.

    (I'm late today as have an assignment deadline for my college course and it's proving to be troublesome - Hope I can find some inspiration soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another bit of shameless name-dropping. The Shamen were originally from Aberdeen and Colin Angus in the picture was a friend of IC2 whose Awesome Mixtape I wrote about last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a lovely piece of serendipity!

      Delete
  9. Is 8 an anagram? Or something to do with driving off a cliff? Love at first sight? (Mrs. Brian) Thinking it might be a Sarah, but stumped.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...