Thursday 29 April 2021

Grumpy Old Men Songs #14: Analog Girl

Here's a song for all those of us who long for simpler times... featured on a blog on the internet superhighway. Still, as Amy Rigby pointed out recently (via John), nobody writes blogs anymore. Except for us old dinosaurs. But look how long the dinosaurs lived!

Here's another song from one of my favourite Grumpy Old Men, the late Guy Clark.

Now she gets online out in the backyard
Hangin' up her ol' blue jeans
She's got all of the memory she can live with
She really hates drum machines

Out in the garden she's got a website
It sparkles in the mornin' dew
Got a mouse in her pocket,
she's got spam in a can
What's an analog girl to do?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely song. Then again, I would say that wouldn't I? I'm an analog boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Another analog girl here. It's the future...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto the above. I am happy to be a blogosaurus - It suits me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...