Saturday 16 April 2022

Saturday Snapshots #236

I hate to break it to you, Boris, but that's a pair of binoculars you're holding there, not a camera, and you can't take a photograph with binoculars. Anyway, shouldn't you be saving up to pay your Party Fine? How about getting a Saturday job to help with the old finances? See if you can work out who's in the pictures below and what connects their songs and... I tell you what... I'll give you a fiver. Will that help? 


(Note to all regular participants who aren't law-breaking politicians: this week's link is pretty tough. I'll be extra impressed if any of you suss it.)


10. Flaming Space Invaders!

9. Open the doors to some Southern Comfort, Hal.

8. You need to stop watching Monica and Chandler over and over.

7. The King of Cool gets sauteed.

6. Gal in haircare lust.

5. Sack Mark E. Smith.

4. Suspect cleric.

3. Ugly, in one.

2. How Alexander Graham was known to his mates.

1. Holds back the river with his colonies.


Of course, I could be lying about the fiver. You are familiar with the concept of lying, aren't you, Boris? 

Answers tomorrow...

20 comments:

  1. 9 Dave Matthews Band

    4 Al Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flummoxed on the link though
    Probably really obvious ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnson is certainly not familiar with the concept of telling the truth

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6. I want to say Lady Gaga but more down to the coat than the clue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you've intimated that the link is really tough, it probably won't be the one that's jumping out at me, but am feeling really animated about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey. You could well be on the right track. Be more specific...

      Delete
    2. Disney characters? Prince Charming, Ariel from Little Mermaid etc

      Delete
    3. Dean Friedman was the key. When out for a walk with my friend yesterday she told me she was having her grandchildren to stay over at the weekend. I asked if they liked the old Disney films or did they just watch the new ones. She told me there was a new one about a boy who lives under the sea (Luca) but he becomes a human when he arrives on land. Ooh, just like Ariel, the Little Mermaid I said then remembered there was a song by Dean Friedman of the same name! (Cue twilight zone music...)

      Delete
  6. Too late with my answers but I laughed out loud at the clue for Belly (and love that photo of Adam).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...