Wednesday 13 April 2022

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #77: Too Soon You're Old

"If you ever have to take a break from blogging, for whatever reason, it’s quite hard to get back into it again as I think you lose your momentum, and your confidence."

Alyson hits the nail on the head.

I'm still here, but it's been a hectic few weeks in which my stress levels have rocketed due to the necessity of replacing my car and having to deal with lying scumbag car sales-people. More on that when I have the energy.

Here's a slice of silky 70s jazz-soul-funk from Penny Goodwin. I think it's an anti-drugs song, but shuffle that to one side and you've got a nice little Mid-Life Crisis tune too.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tune. But sorry to hear how hectic and stressful it's been for you - cars so often seem to be the source of our headaches... if only we didn't need them. Hope you get things sorted asap.
    Alyson's words are indeed spot on and encapsulate how I feel about my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tune. Right up my alley.

    Sorry to hear you’ve been having a stressful time but hopefully the you’re now free of the lying scumbag salespeople and have efficient new wheels. We’ll hear about it all in due course no doubt.

    As for my words, didn’t realise I’d hit the nail on the head for others too but always the case for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mellow song, Hope you're feeling mellow after your hectic few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...