I'm guessing this was written around the time the Great Orange Idiot first took to the throne...
Never thought it'd happen, but now look where we are
Rather have a rapist than a woman in power
When we got complacent in defending our rights
The Nazis changed their name, now they're called the alt-right
Rather have a rapist than a woman in power
When we got complacent in defending our rights
The Nazis changed their name, now they're called the alt-right
The racists got a PR firm
Hired men in fancy shirts
But have the same ideology
We've had to say a lot of stuff
We thought was fucking obvious
Like, "Yes, it's okay to punch Nazis!"

With permission now granted, I'm off to practise my punches.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your baby house sparrow...ah, that's better.
Indeed.
ReplyDeleteOn a slightly similar theme, a couple of nights ago, myself and Rachel went to see Nish Kumar touring his latest show.
Very funny and quite uplifting too. 'Angry Humour From A Really Nice Guy' is a great title for his 90 minutes (across two sets) of wonderful observations.