Friday 31 January 2020

Random Play - Wish I Had A Girl



Random Play is the new title for posts that don't fall into any other categories. For when I just hear a tune and think "I've got to write about that". Case in point...

This is the greatest pop video I have ever seen in my life.

How have I managed to live 47 years without seeing it before?

I've done three volumes of Stalker Songs so far...

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

...but this video trumps them all. Even Lionel Ritchie.

If you ever see this guy in your neighbourhood: get a restraining order.

The highlight is when Henry bumps into the gospel choir on the street corner and they take pity on him for his mad, stalkerish behaviour. That's a nice touch.

The thing is, although the "Woke" crowd would doubtlessly have a field day over this video today, this is basically the message behind 90% of successful pop hits. Henry's just a lot more blatant about it than most. And he looks a bit like Bob from Twin Peaks, which doesn't help.





Whatever happened to Henry Lee Summer? You may well ask.

The mugshot below gives us a clue...


I Wish I Had A Better Lawyer wasn't quite as big a follow-up hit.

At least the video has a happy ending. (Although none of the women featured in it were ever seen again. Make of that what you will.)


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...