Saturday 30 May 2020

Saturday Snapshots #138


It's the final weekend of our Department of the Peculiar kickstarter, so I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your suggestions about appropriate songs for dead singers to sing. The tracklist has now been finalised and will be included in the "Heroes" CD booklet which we're hoping will be included as a free gift to all backers, if we hit our stretch goal over the next couple of days... along with many of Rob's excellent Dead Hero illustrations (see above), as mentioned on 6Music this week (Mary Anne Hobbes was particularly fond of his Aretha Franklin).


I always feel weird promoting my own work - but that's probably why I never made it as a professional writer. The writing, I can handle... the hawking, less so much.

Anyway, should you be interested... or know anyone that might be, please direct them to our kickstarter page before Monday for full details.

Now on with the main business of the day. Identify ten top tunes and their performers from the clues below, please. It's been a couple of weeks since I set this quiz and I have to admit, I struggled to identify a few of these myself! Hopefully you'll have better luck...




10. Piano playing dog meets marvellous man at the end o' the road.


9. Romantic fullstop for feathered Shakespeare.


8. Moorland flowers explode like stars... just like Caine.


7. What happens when Essex stops dreaming... flatulent warmongers.


6. Should a mother be so confident in her prowess?


5. Shortened tyres preferred by drivers in motor city when chased by small Spanish wolf.


4. Shipwreck connected to disastrous backbone.


3. Taxi driver meets depressed meteorologist.


2. Mythic ruse, honest.


1. Mentally fixated, like a Boy, Solo.



Answers tomorrow!



30 comments:

  1. 3. Travis - Why does it always rain on me

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 - Hawkwind: Silver Machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2. Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7. Hawkwind - Silver Machine

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 - Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 - Heather Nova, but don't know song

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6 - Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5. Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels -"Little Latin Lupe Lu"

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 Shalamar A night to remember

    ReplyDelete
  10. My work here is done........................................I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6 Shalamar - A Night to Remember

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey - A tough week for me so will have to bow out. Love the artwork at the top so keep up the hawking. Looking forward to the new edition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Dead Hero illustrations are really well done. On a separate note, I actually bought your other e-book "I Wish..."

    No luck with the quiz. I'll be giving the tunes a listen tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I hope you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  14. Number 1 looks like George Harrison...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - yes, just figured it out from the Boy, Solo part, v clever (you, not me!) - so the song must be 'Got My Mind Set On You'.

      Delete
  15. Yes, fab illos by Rob. And I know your writing will be too. Fantastic talents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. #9 used to be in a band that I know a couple of you are fond of.

    #4... we may have to wait for our friends across the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. #9 Dan Baird, I Love You Period (from Mrs. Brian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done again, Mrs. Brian.

      We might need Douglas to solve #4. (That's a clue.)

      What would be connected to a disastrous backbone? (In a song?)

      Delete
  18. #4 The Tragically Hip, Nautical Disaster (thanks for the Canadian clue)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a honor to me supporting your project this morning. Hope it will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Walter. Your support was greatly appreciated as it helped us reach our stretch goal

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...