Sunday 31 May 2020

Saturday Snapshots #138 - The Answers


That's Krysten Ritter, from Breaking Bad & Jessica Jones, two fine shows.

I have no puns... just answers!



10. Piano playing dog meets marvellous man at the end o' the road.


The piano playing dog on The Muppet Show was Ralph.

Stan Lee was a Marvel-ous man.

Ralph Stanley - O Death

Worth watching the video for a truly chilling live performance.

(That one made its was onto my Songs For Dead Heroes compilation.)

9. Romantic fullstop for feathered Shakespeare.


The feathered Shakespeare is a cross between bird and bard...

A fullstop is a period.

Dan Baird - I Love You, Period

You may know him better as the lead singer of the Georgia Satellites.

8. Moorland flowers explode like stars... just like Caine.


Heather goes nova.



Jules:
First I'm gonna deliver this case to Marcellus, then, basically, I'm just gonna walk the earth.

Vincent:
What'cha mean walk the earth?

Jules:
You know, like Caine in Kung Fu. Walk from place to place, meet people... get into adventures. 

Heather Nova - Walk This World

7. What happens when Essex stops dreaming... flatulent warmongers.


David Essex sang about a Silver Dream Machine. Take the Dream from that and you get what a windy hawk (as in Hawks & Doves) might sing about...

Hawkwind - Silver Machine

6. Should a mother be so confident in her prowess?


Should a mother = Shall a ma?

Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good

Although half a mark to Charity Chic, because A Night To Remember would also fit the clue.

5. Shortened tyres preferred by drivers in motor city when chased by small Spanish wolf.


Michelin make tyres. Shorter = Mitch.

Motor City = Motown = Detroit.

A small Spanish wolf?

Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels - Little Latin Lupe Lu

4. Shipwreck connected to disastrous backbone.


The tragic hipbone's connected to the disastrous backbone. Hear the word of the lord!

The Tragically Hip - Nautical Disaster

3. Taxi driver meets depressed meteorologist.


Travis Bickle was a Taxi Driver.

Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

2. Mythic ruse, honest.


Mythic ruse is an anagram. I am telling you the truth!

Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?

1. Mentally fixated, like a Boy, Solo.



Boy George + Harrison (Han Solo) Ford...

I love this song and George is by far my favourite Beatle... but that is a truly awful video.




More next week!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks again Rol. I'd never have recognised Dan Baird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pulp Fiction clue was tough! I haven't watched the film in a few years tho. That Shalamar track is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very tricky clues in that one so well done to everyone who guessed correctly. I love the film Pulp Fiction abc thought I knew it well but not well enough to make the connection obviously.

    Thanks again for all your hard work.

    I also love how many of these songs you share are totally new to Chris so he has no preconceptions - Good to heat his reactions always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thought.... and hear his reactions ....

      Blinking predictive text.

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty happy with my half-mark this week

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...