Saturday 2 May 2020

Saturday Snapshots #134


I believe I was visited by a giant last night. He told me The Snapshots Are Not What They Seem. 

Give me the Straight Story on these ten clues, please. Why not enjoy a Damn Fine Coffee while you're doing it?


10. Don't be afraid of what comes after the Lighthouse of Alexandria.


9. Old man with Saint on French pavements.


8. Equal to the nannies you might find above... the answer is plain to see.


7. More exciting than the first evangelist tripping me up.


6. Pulled pork forever!


5. Hannibal's mother looks back on happier times.


4. Makes suits for Tim Booth, come sunshine or storm.


3. Writing this blog... with a debt to Macca.


2. Trump. Putin. Johnson. Spaniel.


1. Monks can't afford to take the bus... and it's starting to rain.


Sometimes my arms bend back... but that won't stop me posting the answers tomorrow morning. One day my log will have something to say about this.



31 comments:

  1. 9 - Gary Moore - Parisienne Sidewalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way Rol, will you be reviewing the new Morrissey album I Am Not a Dog on a Chain (2020) ?

      Delete
    2. That's US release only, over here it's Parisienne Walkways ;-)

      Delete
    3. Surely it should have ben Parisinne Pavements?

      Delete
    4. Probably not at the moment, Chris. The one cursory listen I gave it didn't persuade me to invest much time in it.

      Delete
    5. ok, was just curious of your opinion as I know you are a Morrissey fan.

      Delete
    6. Lapsed at this time.

      Delete
  2. 10. Eighth Wonder - I'm Not Scared

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. The Walker Brothers - The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Any More

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5. Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was just thinking it was her but what a dreadful dress - They did improve as she became more successful.

      Delete
  5. Last guess promise but I think number 2 is a very young Jarvis Cocker! No sure of the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alyson: I was about to say the same

      Delete
  6. 4. James Taylor - Fire and Rain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jarvis Cocker song is "Running the World"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not running the world very well.

      Delete
    2. That's very much the point of the song.

      Delete
    3. Sorry, being keyboard happy this morning. Of course it would be.

      Delete
  8. 8 is the Au Pairs: It's Obvious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alyson knows #3. She even suggested it as a possible answer a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it must be Owen Paul then - The song is My Favourite Waste of Time.

      Your blog is what’s keeping many of us going at the moment and although not a lucrative pastime, it’s never a waste of time. Thank you.

      Delete
  10. I reckon she'll probably know 7 too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s definitely familiar - 80s Europop?

      I’ve hogged too many of the snapshots today though so will leave him for someone else.

      Delete
  11. 7 Matthew Wilder Break My Stride

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 Owen Paul Favorite Waste Of Time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...