Friday 22 May 2020

2020 Contenders: Peter Pandemic


I choked on a fish finger while watching Charlie Brooker's Anti Viral Wipe. It was the description of Health Minister Matt Hancock that did it. That is my favourite line of the year.

Art Brut and We Are Scientists have released a split collection called The Wasabi EP. This makes it quite timely as Sam's favourite game at the moment is Sushi Go, and Wasabi is the card he always wants to get.

The first half involves We Are Scientists covering a couple of Art Brut songs, followed by a somewhat ill-advised tag team version of Handle With Care by the Travelling Wilburys. The second half features four new Art Brut songs. Which is good enough for me.

This is my favourite, and I think you might appreciate it, even if you're not an Art Brut fan. It's called Record Store day and the opening line is "Jack White's got a lot to answer for..." What else do you need? Oh, yes...
Those records aren't for playing
Those records are for eBaying!


Art Brut do not make limited edition singles
We make TOO MANY
There is a surplus...



3 comments:

  1. I nearly spat my wine out, my favourite comment too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly spluttered out my gin and tonic at that too. Ah, I love Charlie Brooker.
    Great song as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Hancock photo and the quote. I'll post it on Friendface and claim it's all my own work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...