Monday 25 May 2020

Neverending Top Ten #3.2: Stuck With You


Stuck With You is probably my least favourite song from one of my favourite albums of the 80s. Although it was the second biggest chart hit for Huey Lewis & The News in the UK (and their only other song, besides The Power Of Love, to crack the Top 20... something I now find astonishing), I always thought the video erred on the side of cheesy and the rest of the album somehow seems a step above. I know why it was a hit - it's a sweet little lovesong, and I don't actively dislike it... I just forget it when listing my favourite Huey songs, an activity which takes up more of my time than you'd probably think healthy.

All that said, the track took a severe leap up the rankings this weekend when it popped up on a mix we were listening to while Sam and I sat playing games at the kitchen table.

"Was this wrote in 2020, Daddy? Because it sounds like it's about the Coronavirus."

You know what, pal? I'm happy to be stuck with you too...


Plus, the video is a lot funnier than I remembered.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that’s so sweet. I miss those days of playing games at the kitchen table.

    As for the Huey video, a real 80s throwback with extreme fashion, coiffed hair, bright colours and beach parties. Great fun as you say.

    Looking at Huey in it, he never looked remotely like a rock/pop star but an everyman, a bloke from your office, a mechanic or someone in sales. He did always have very nicely blow-dried hair anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...