Sunday 24 May 2020

Saturday Snapshots #137 - The Answers


I can't even spell Gina Lollobrigida, let alone make up any Snapshot-related puns about her.

I do know a song about her though.

Anyway, here are this week's answers. Thanks for playing, as always.



10. Wolves eat most of a baby deer, swapping pronoun for article.


Wolves are Los Lobos.

Bambi was the baby deer, with I swapped for A.

Los Lobos - La Bamba

9. It's tidier than all the other rooms in the hospital - don't knock it!


A neater ward?

I'll be here all this week.

Anita Ward - Ring My Bell

8. Bridge game disrupted by friend of a friend of King of Creation.


Pooh Sticks is a game you play with Eeyore and Tigger.

Alan McGee was the head of Creation Records.

Pooh Sticks - Alan McGee

(Or, to give it its full title, as Brian did: I Know Someone Who Knows Someone Who Knows Alan McGee Quite Well.)

7. Coins on the breeze really sting.


I was reading an article the other week about how this record was secretly written by the CIA as a way of further destabalising the Soviet Union prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall. The lead singer of The Scorpions denies this, but then he would, wouldn't he?

The Scorpions - Wind of Change  

(If you hated this at the time, I promise you it hasn't got any better.)

6. Larger chaps required for blurry dreamers.


A hazy fantasy required bigger trousers for the cowboy king...

Haysi Fantayzee - John Wayne Is Big Leggy

That song's a lot ruder than you realised at the time.

5. Ocean spray for the Evil Dead.


Ocean Spray make Cranberry Juice, my soft drink of choice.

The Evil Dead were zombies.

Cranberries - Zombie 

4. I am not a deviant - and neither is my redheaded ghost bride.


Take the I from deviant and you get Devant. With his Spirit Wife. Who is Ginger. (Like the biscuits they're eating.)

No, really.

David Devant & His Spirit Wife - Ginger

3. Evil wino Jonathan moves to rosebud house.


"Evil wino Jonathan" is a fine anagram.

Rosebud was the sledge opened by Citizen Kane, who lived in Xanadu. (Spoilers, Rol!)

Olivia Newton John - Xanadu

I missed an opportunity with this clue. I should have used Evil wino Jonathan is welcomed to the Pleasuredome. ("In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree...")

That's how you make a music video. Although, frankly, I'd have watched it if was just Olivia.

2. #6 knighted - amazing!


#6 featured John Wayne: The Duke. Give him a knighthood and he'd become a Sir.

What a wonder!

Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

Happy 70th birthday to Little Stevie.

1. Soup strung up over Kansas.


137 editions - that's how long it took me to get to my all time favourite song!

Campbells make soup.

Wichita is in Kansas.

Etc. Etc.



And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time...

Keep driving that main road until next Saturday, then come back here for more Snapshots.


6 comments:

  1. The Pooh Sticks?1/!?? Seriously?!? Never heard of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know what you're missing!

      Delete
    2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I'll take your word for it.

      Delete
    3. Don't take me word for it - ask Brian!

      Delete
    4. FBCB, The band's early singles are magnificent, especially this song from the quiz, On Tape and Indiepop Ain't Noise Pollution. All three are anthems for indie-pop aficionados like me.

      Delete
  2. Another fun quiz. And you reminded me to finally watch the movie La Bamba which is on netflix in my country

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...