Saturday 20 June 2020

Saturday Snapshots #141


I've told you my Ethan Hawke story, right? I must have told you my Ethan Hawke story.

Still, you probably forgot it by now.

A couple of years back, I was having a discussion about horror films with a class of 16 year olds, and one of them was telling me about this horror film he'd seen where this rich old man had locked himself up in his high tech house and society had fallen apart outside and all these young thugs were trying to break in and kill him.

In the end, the film turned out to be The Purge, and the "old man" in question was Ethan Hawke, who is 18 months older than I am and was a good few years younger than I am now when he made that movie back in 2013.

Anyway, here's this week's Saturday Snapshots...

10. Have I Got Newsman gets his coat... but could do with a car.


9. Corderoy for smaller sibling.


8. You've gotta see her use a Scottish door opener to get a good look at the afterlife.


7. Multiple RIPs for Croce & King.


6. Lancashire goat audibly exhales over Ora prior to resurrection.


5. Hairdresser of the century stays for the duration of Saturday Snapshots.


4. Citizen Bronte splashes raw graffiti all over.


3. This isn't the end, doofus... it's the bottom squeeze man!


2. Frog joy, then... where it all kicks off.


1. Informal invitation to paradise.


I hope you get all the answers Before Sunrise. If you don't I'll be here soon after tomorrow morning to reveal them.



23 comments:

  1. 2. John Fogerty - Centerfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Nirvana - Come As You Are
    10. Merton Parkas - You Need Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7. Jim Caroll - People Who Died

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Nirvana - Come as you are

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5. Looks like Nick Heyward and clue fits Haircut 100 - Fantastic Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. #8 Maria McKee - You Gotta Sin to Get Saved

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5. Nick Heyward - Love plus one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, C. I think that's all of them. Obviously too easy this week!

      Delete
  8. 8. Maria McKee - You gotta sin to get saved?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10. I see Mick Talbot from the Style Council in there but it's not them. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I see C (as opposed to CC) got that one already.

      Delete
  10. #4 Art Brut - Emily Kane (from Mrs. Brian - love the clues!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6. Billy Preston & Syreeta - "With You I'm Born Again"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drat - you've just beaten me to it - Great clue - A Lancashire goat indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3. Chris Rea - "Fool If You THink it's Over". THat's a wild guess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...