Wednesday 24 June 2020

Positive Kittens For Negative Times


We welcomed the newest edition to our household last Thursday - Cosmo The Kitten.

You may remember how we lost our old boy Murphy back at the beginning of May. Too soon to replace him? I am but a leaf in a hurricane.

I still miss Murphy, but Cosmo is a welcome addition to the family. He's one of the friendliest kittens I've ever known, completely fearless and already a great friend for Sam to play with.

The only one who doesn't seem happy to have him around is our other cat, 2 year old Millie, who has taken to fleeing the room whenever Cosmo appears and hiding on top of the kitchen cupboards shaking in terror at the prospect that this tiny ball of fluff will come anywhere near her. (We're hoping for a thaw in their relationship sometime soon.)

In case you're wondering, I had nothing to do with giving Cosmo his name. I wanted to call him Ron, after Ron Swanson. However, it does give me the opportunity to play one of my favourite songs from the multi-talented Cosmo Jarvis. This other Cosmo has been a little quiet on the music scene lately, having turned his hand to acting with prominent roles in Peaky Blinders, Lady Macbeth and recent indie hit Calm With Horses. Rumours persist that he hasn't completely given up on music though. I do hope we hear more from him soon...



3 comments:

  1. What an adorable little kitty. Welcome to the Interweb, Cosmo. And I hope Millie doesn't stay a scaredy-cat for much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! And post title of the month!
    A warm hello to Cosmo. (He wasn't named after Cosmo Smallpiece, was he?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...