Wednesday 3 February 2021

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #57: Still Feel Like A Kid


The latest album from Dawes has been a bit of a slow burner. I wasn't initially impressed with it enough to mention it in my year end countdown, feeling it was a bit too close to previous releases to really distinguish itself. Spending a little more time with it though has unearthed some lyrical treats, including this from the song Didn't Fix Me...

I got that book you recommended
About the spy in East Berlin
I really like the way it ended
How he forgive his friend who turns him in
And I think I see what you were saying 'bout how
Technically, it should but
It didn't fix me
It didn't fix me like I thought it would

And this, which is a proper Mid-Life Crisis song... from a band still in their 30s.

(I might play it to my Millennial Hipster buddy to make him feel old.)

I can't stay up past midnight anymore
But I still feel like a kid
There's always part of me that's a little sore
But I still feel like a kid
I got dreams of coaching little league
But I still feel like a kid
And I bet the day that I turn eighty-three
I will still feel like a kid

5 comments:

  1. Talking about Dawes and feeling like a kid, I had a Dawes Racing Bike when I was a kid.

    Loved that "Didn't Fix Me" track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tunes both. I need to do some delving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was playing North Hills the other day which led me to "acquiring" All Your Favorite Bands which I've still to listen to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Your Favourite Bands is my favourite.

      Delete
  4. Excellent lyrics. I keep having to remind myself I'm not the same age as my college classmates, as in my head I am, then I fire up the computer for a class on Zoom and my heart sinks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...