Monday 5 December 2022

Celebrity Jukebox #56: Christine McVie


Stevie Nicks is the one everyone knows, because she's bonkers. The quieter one, the one who was there almost from the start, was Christine Perfect. Of course, she wasn't Perfect for long... she soon married the Mac (John McVie) and so began the bizarre love pentagram that was Fleetwood Mac.

Christine McVie wrote Don't Stop, Everywhere and Little Lies, three of the Mac's biggest hits. She didn't love the limelight as much as Stevie, but she was just as important. Could I find any songs that mentioned her name though...?

Yes, I could. Pretty good ones too...

Deep in the seas
We keep dreaming and dreaming
Like Don't Stop on track 4
When Christie McVie sings


And it doesn't get more perfect than this...

I’m not a Stevie, I’m a Christie McVie
I feel the weight of the world
I find comfort in being second best
I can relate and I feel guilty


Rest in peace, Christine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...