Saturday 25 May 2019

Saturday Snapshots #85


Hello again, hello...

You know what they say: money talks, but it don't sing and dance... and it certainly don't play Saturday Snapshots.

You can though - identify ten top tunes and the artists behind them from the clues below, please. Play it now - play it now, my baby!



10. Lost kangaroo perplexes one-handed table tennis rulers.


9. Thorny roller gets the full valet.


8. Triceratots share the hurt.


7. Vulcan legend handles the crockery.


6. Chimney struck by Murdoch / Hawke co-pilots.


5. Amazon? Nestle? McDonalds? Never satisfied.


4. Queasy, dizzy, teary... how much does the honeymaker charge to get across the river?


3. Flatulation coalition.


2. Join the escalator and think about what the Boomtown Rats never had.


1. Explain to your mum how you boil jelly.


Answers tomorrow morning. Until then... Good times never seemed so good!

23 comments:

  1. 6. Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightnin' - that was a b**tard of a clue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me ages to come up with any kind of clue that didn't involve wild dogs.

      Delete
  2. 8: Feel the pain by Dinosaur Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Billy Joel song Tell Her About It?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 Sultans of Ping
    Only song I know is Where's My Jumper but don't think that's the answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just re-read the clue- correct song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, ones that are left are really tough - No. 5 is bugging me as I'm sure I know them. Big corporation/business/PLCs.....? We'll no doubt kick ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 Bad Company - Cant Get Enough

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes kicking myself, and with the T'Pau clue too - so obvious now. Well done RD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The T'Pau one was a weird coincidence. I watched a repeat of Top Of The Pops last night and they were at number 1.

      Delete
    2. I thought to myself, the only band I can think of with a long curly-haired female singer is T’Pau but it’s not a picture of Carol Decker. I was wrong!

      Delete
  9. Just 4 then. I thought CC might know her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close. She also works in a Community Centre.

      Delete
    2. Ah Phoebe Bridgers! I've never seen a picture
      I'm guessing the song is Motion Sickness

      Delete
  10. Is no. 4 the lovely Bee Bridgetoll with 'Pre-menstrual'? Sorry... but it should be, I'm sure it'd be great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...