Sunday 26 May 2019

Saturday Snapshots #85 - The Answers


Thank you for Stayin' Alive long enough to come back and check out the answers to yesterday's Saturday Snapshots. Here's hoping You Win Again, without any Tragedy.

Lynchie just took the prize this week, with Rigid Digit failing to nail a draw by not working out the Happy Mondays song. If in doubt, go for the obvious one! Chris and Charity Chic shared out the rest of the points, although CC needed a little prompting.

Enough of my Jive Talkin'...


10. Lost kangaroo perplexes one-handed table tennis rulers.


Sultans of Ping FC - Where's Me Jumper?

"Dancing at the disco, bumper to bumper... wait a minute: where's me jumper!?"

One of Sam's favourites at the moment.

9. Thorny roller gets the full valet.


Rose Royce - Car Wash

8. Triceratots share the hurt.


"Triceratots". Geddit?

Dinosaur Jr. - Feel The Pain

7. Vulcan legend handles the crockery.


You can look up where T'Pau got their name from if you don't already know.

T'Pau - China In Your Hand

Wishing to dodge the shame of spotting this one, Rigid Digit revealed he'd seen them on an old TOTP repeat the night before. Alyson, ashamed to have not spotted them, replied, "I thought to myself, the only band I can think of with a long curly-haired female singer is T’Pau but it’s not a picture of Carol Decker. I was wrong!"

It did take me a while to find a photo of T'Pau where Carol Decker was not immediately recognisable. Then again, not everybody had quite the same teenage interest in that lady that I did.

6. Chimney struck by Murdoch / Hawke co-pilots.


Finally! One I get to explain!

Howling Mad Murdoch was the pilot in The A-Team.

Stringfellow Hawke flew Airwolf.

(Child of the 80s ahoy!)

Put them together and you get...

Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning

Apparently that was "a b**tard of a clue!", according to Lynchie. I just didn't want to go down the obvious "wild dog" route.

5. Amazon? Nestle? McDonalds? Never satisfied.


Bad Company - Can't Get Enough

4. Queasy, dizzy, teary... how much does the honeymaker charge to get across the river?


C wondered, "Is no. 4 the lovely Bee Bridgetoll with 'Pre-menstrual'? Sorry... but it should be, I'm sure it'd be great."

It would be great, though if that were an actual song, I'd have been more likely to go with a clue about stabbing your other half with a bread-knife because they'd slightly burnt the toast. Not that I'm talking from personal experience or anything.

With an extra clue about this lady also working in a Community Centre, Charity Chic was able to solve this one.

What's the bee's fee? To take you across the bridge?

Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness

3. Flatulation coalition.


The Association - Windy

2. Join the escalator and think about what the Boomtown Rats never had.


The Boomtown Rats never had a happy Monday, obviously.

You're twisting my melon, man!

The Happy Mondays - Step On

Call the cops!

1. Explain to your mum how you boil jelly.


Boil jelly was an anagram.

How has it taken me 85 weeks to get to this gent? Doesn't he look a smart young man? I wish I could have found a photo of him in the boxing ring.



I've Gotta Get A Message To You... Saturday Snapshots will return next week.



2 comments:

  1. Re the Howlin' Wolf clue - I worked out the answer via the word chimney which can also be called a smokestack. (Feeling very smug about that one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was the obvious part of the clue!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...