Sunday 12 April 2020

Saturday Snapshots #131 - The Answers


This is the delightful Audrey Tautou, star of Amelie. Think up your own puns, I'm too tired.

Here are this week's answers...


10. Civil war soldiers refuse to sleep.


"The New Model Army of England was formed in 1645 by the Parliamentarians in the English Civil War." I'm ashamed to say I don't know much about history, but I read about these guys in one of Sam's books.

New Model Army - No Rest 

9. Ghost fishing.


Spirit - I Got A Line On You

8. Will a sweetener help you arrive at a different conclusion?


Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind

7. This clue is... on the dole.


A UB40 was a form you had to fill out when you signed on in the 80s.

This clue is One In Ten.


6. Quartz snowflakes for James Dean.


Quartz and snowflakes are both crystals.

James Dean was a rebel (without a cause).


5. Party time for absolute nutters.



4. He will laugh, with Maddie, and Ray or Rod.


The name Isaac means "he will laugh".

Maddie Hayes was in Moonlighting. Well, I got that clue, anyway.

Rays and rods are both shafts.


3. I'm gonna whup yer, then shoot that bloody elephant. Is that profound enough for you?


Whup yer = Tan yer (hide).

I'm then gonna do Nelly.

I know, that's pretty deep.


2. Hire DJ in mix to drive through city.


"Hire DJ in mix" is an anagram.


1. Smashing angel.


The Angel Gabriel with a Sledgehammer...


Stay safe until next Saturday...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Now that I have the answers it all seems so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...