Monday 13 April 2020

Positive Songs For Negative Times #9: Sunrise


The picture's actually a sunset, taken over my parent's garden many years ago... but I'm still hoping for a glorious sunrise when all this is over. At the weekend, Alyson was wondering what the world will be like if and when the pandemic ends, and like many people, she fears the worst. But I'm still hopefully that this might make some people see the error of their ways... and others pay the price for their crimes. I'm not normally known for my optimism, but I'm really trying my hardest.

Here's Jarvis...

I used to hate the sun because it shone on everything I'd done.
Made me feel that all that I had done was overfill the ashtray of my life.
All my achievements in days of yore range from pathetic
To piss-poor, but all that's gonna change.

Because here comes sunrise. Yeah, here's your sunrise.

I used to hide from the sun, tried to live my whole life underground.
Why'd you have to rise & ruin all my fun?
Just turned over, closed the curtains on the day.

But here comes sunrise.

Yeah, here's your sunrise when you've been awake
All night long and you feel like crashing out at dawn.
But you've been awake all night, so why should you crash out at dawn?






3 comments:

  1. Lovely song, and thanks for the positivity. I just read about some graffiti in Hong Kong which reads, "There can be no return to normal because normal was the problem in the first place." That rings so true to me and I hope it does too to those who can really make a difference. We need to break the power of the Trumps and the Bolsonaros etc. of this world. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture and great song lyrics.

    Great graffiti words too - Don’t get me wrong, it’s glaringly obvious that one by one the world’s ills are being highlighted because of this crisis and going forward, will have to be addressed, it’s just that in the short-term certain groups in society are going to suffer a lot more than others. I am hopeful that good will ultimately come out of this crisis.

    My first post of this year was called A Tentative Peek Into 2020 as I’d decided the world had gone to hell in a hard cart since I’d started my blog - Feels as the world has now said, whoa, no more, time to mend our ways.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...