Saturday 11 April 2020

Saturday Snapshots #131


Right now, we're all dreaming of a Getaway or a Great Escape... though the way things are going, if we tried it, we might end up in Papillion.

So it's probably safer to stay indoors and play Saturday Snapshots. Identify ten top tunes and their singers from the clues below, please...



10. Civil war soldiers refuse to sleep.


9. Ghost fishing.


8. Will a sweetener help you arrive at a different conclusion?


7. This clue is... on the dole.


6. Quartz snowflakes for James Dean.


5. Party time for absolute nutters.


4. He will laugh, with Maddie, and Ray or Rod.


3. I'm gonna whup yer, then shoot that bloody elephant. Is that profound enough for you?


2. Hire DJ in mix to drive through city.


1. Smashing angel.


Answers tomorrow morning, with a Bullit.



26 comments:

  1. 9. Spirit - "I Got a Line on You" (I think it's the only song of theirs that relates to fishing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. Jimi Hendrix - "Crosstown Traffic"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll leave some for the sleepyheads...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10. New Model Army - No Rest
    8. Sugar -If I Can't Change Your Mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7. UB40 - which song, though?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6. The Crystals - He's A Rebel

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 Martha Wainwright - Bloody Motherfucking Asshole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is 5. Mental As Anything?(Don't know any songs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only remember one.

      Delete
    2. Ah - I wrote about them recently for my post about my long-lost Aussie cousin. They look different in black and white but the clue fits perfectly.

      Delete
  9. You all know #4, but the clue is pretty obscure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's Sly Stewart innit... I just think of him as Sly Stone, so took a while! But the song...?

      Delete
    2. Nope, it's not any Sly. "He will laugh" is apparently a literal translation of his Biblical first name. The second name clue comes from my favourite 80s TV show. Ray and Rod give you a clue to the title.

      Delete
    3. Oh and I was feeling confident, now I feel silly, that'll teach me! I thought the clue was Ray Stewart/ Rod Stewart, sly because he will laugh (okay, doesn't really work) and Maddie might have something to do with a song. You certainly get our brains whirring!

      Delete
  10. Isaac Hayes (Maddie Hayes) - if Loving You Is Wrong (I Don’t Wanna Be Right) - Rod Stewart did a version.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...